Friday, July 17, 2009

Oblivion Madness and Inspiration

Gosh, I really do love Oblivion. Played it some more and yakked about the game on some message boards the past two nights and I'm completely sucked back in. Then I got really inspired and decided to make a journal of Celenya (my new character) and her progress through Cyrodill and the alternate worlds it joins.

While I haven't played my second character as frequently as the first, I like her a lot more. I've run into a psychological problem, though. Part of me wants to grind levels, making each level-up as productive as possible and turning her into a master of everything. Part of me want to simply go adventuring. Still another part just loves to rack up completed quests.

So far, the best compromise I've managed is to do a quest and then base which skills to grind on which have gained the most points through normal activities. For example, while raiding a fort I ended up with mostly blade, block, destruction, and restoration points, so I worked on strength, endurance, and willpower skills until I leveled.

Any advice? You can check out exactly where I'm at and post suggestions here on this post if you have any. Is my compromise a good one or could I find a better way?

Scary how one game can infiltrate your brain so completely and make you want to do more than play it. I have two games like that in my life, even scarier. I LOVE it, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment