Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Addicted to a Lame Game?

I hate to say this, but around here we've been a bit addicted to Army Men: Soldiers of Misfortune on the Wii. The controls are clunky, aiming is deceptively tough, and there are a host of complaints and bad reviews about this one everywhere you look, all quite valid.

We can't stop playing it!

Maybe it's just my weird tastes (I also like some REALLY bad movies, like Ed Wood bad) but we're having so much fun with this game. The lame controls make it really difficult so maybe it's the determination factor ("This game will NOT defeat me!") that keeps us coming back. It's also a good game to play when you have 15 minutes until dinner and need something to occupy your mind, as each level seems to take about that long. Or maybe it's just that my boyfriend bought it for me for Christmas, and that makes me want to love it. Hard to say.

So, now that I've embarrassed myself a bit by admitting all of this, is there anyone out there who knows what it's like to be hooked on a game you KNOW is really lame? What are your favorite bad games?

No comments:

Post a Comment