Thursday, September 17, 2009

Revisiting My Past

Ah, the PS2! You have been neglected lately, living in a drawer in the bedroom under the old TV we rarely use. You were the first expensive present I gave my boyfriend and you helped us bond over so many wonderful games. You still work perfectly but have to compete with two shiny new-generation machines and even a couple of handheld systems and my phone and computer. It's a sad fate for something that has been practically a friend over the years.

But wait! It turns out that you have more use being in the "other room" than you did just a year ago, when you were our best Sony system and attached to the plasma. The first hints of autumn bring football and fantasy football and take the big TV and the computer away from me quite a lot. Now, you are my savior! I'm not avoiding football, I'm gaming!

A lot of people have complained about the PS3 not having backwards compatibility but I'm almost glad it doesn't. I can't imagine playing even my favorite games from the PS2 on it, there's just too much fun to be had with my PS3 games if it's available. As a backup console on a backup TV, though -perfection.

Plus, there's something pleasant about not having to go through menus and stuff. I wouldn't give up a single feature of the PS3 to make that happen, but it's just a nice change. On the other hand, the load times are DRIVING ME CRAZY!

So, okay, I've been laming out on Sims 2 Castaway (which is fun to play again now that I've forgotten EVERYTHING about it), but I am definitely mapping out an awesome queue of games to get me through February. It's the first time I've been excited about the start of football in years, used to be a big fan but I guess I outgrew that and have started to dread the season. Oh, yeah, it may be because I lose my computer and big TV and even boyfriend to it... hmmm?

Still, I feel I must add: GO GIANTS!!!

What can I say? I'm a mess of contradictions.

No comments:

Post a Comment