Monday, September 28, 2009

I'm Trick-trick-trick-trick-trick-trick-tricky!!

Another Sunday/Monday, another chance to have fun with the ol' PS2. I finished Castaway again and moved on to SSX Tricky. Oh, so fun! I used to rock that game and it was a little frustrating at first to try to remember all the controls and then it took awhile to make them work like they should. This game has quite a bit of nuance, I forgot that after it became easy when I was playing it a lot.

Which begs the question: Will there be an SSX for PS3? I've seen much speculation and even news of possible teasers for it, but I (wisely) don't trust rumor and speculation. It was a highly successful franchise for PS2 and, while playing Tricky on PS2 I can't help but marvel at how beautiful it could be in HD.

There aren't that many games I care about bringing to this gen, there are too many bad sequels about already and the only thing worse than a favorite franchise being killed off is when the sequels suck. On the other hand, there are a lot of lame snowboarding games and having a great one in this gen would be simply marvelous. SSX is the only snowboarding franchise that I would bet on making something worth the money.

I am proud to say that I did get the hang of it again pretty quickly, and had a lot of fun blasting through the World Circuit (made it through to Tokyo Megaplex in freestyle and topped that off with a few gold medals in the early races). My loud cheering for myself even eclipsed my boyfriend's football cheers! I didn't have as much time to play this week as I spent most of Sunday at a street fair but quality beats quantity every time, and this is a quality game.

No comments:

Post a Comment