Thursday, August 20, 2009

Indian Giving by Accident and Addiction

I have a confession: I bought my boyfriend a PSP last Christmas, saved up my pennies because he'd wanted one for years, and he has yet to get to play it. I even bought him some cool games and one of our friend's filled out the collection a little more as she knew about his gift. A wonderful trick I learned from my mother, let select people know about a big gift and they can get things to go with it (of course, you need friends who can keep secrets for this to work).

I even bought him a whole football-themed set of accessories, from case to car charger. I got really sick of football a few years back and figured that all the accessories would make it clear that it was his PSP, not mine. Great thought, but it hasn't played out well.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I am addicted to Patapon for the second time, and in-between I played a lot of Echochrome and Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters and used it as a media player and even as a browser when my computer was in the shop (whenever the TV and PS3 or Wii were being used). I take it with me any time I think I'll have even a few minutes to game and enough room in whatever bag I'm carrying. It's getting to the point where I can't live without it.

My boyfriend, bless his heart, keeps telling me he doesn't mind, but I still feel quite guilty. He's hogged a few games he bought for me, too. We share pretty much everything, as you should when you share a home. Still, this was supposed to be something special just for him. I thought it would be great for him to take to work and use during his breaks, but he never does.

Maybe it was inevitable that I would co-opt it then?

No comments:

Post a Comment